Modern animal husbandry and environmental restoration project launched in Zoige county,Aba Tibetan and Qiang Autonomous Prefecture, Sichuan Province
Sichuan Province's largest wetland, Ruoergai wetlands are an important part of the source of the Yangtze and Yellow. Due to excessive grazing, grassland rodent and climate change, a large area of grassland degradation, leading to wetlands are disappearing. In order to protect the ecological environment here, to improve livestock production, the International Foundation for China's environment and improvement of Sichuan Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Station plans to provide technical training for local modern livestock herders and technicians, including:
1. advanced breeding, livestock nutrition and health.
2. to improve the market value of livestock products, product merchandise management, effective marketing.
3. herd feeding and management, grazing management, grassland stocking rate, captivity, improve grassland environment.
4. yak manure management and disease prevention.
5. the establishment of pastoral cooperatives.
6. the study tour.
Recently, the first phase of the training has started, about 400 local herders and technicians participated in the training.